Do you need financial help? Paying for Assisted Living and At-Home Care can be a financial challenge. We do everything we can to help make this easier.
We can help you determine if you or your family member is eligible for financial assistance.
The primary sources of assistance are:
Please check with Crown Cypress at 423-378-3100. We can meet with you to help determine what programs you are eligible for and what we can do to help make assistance more affordable.
There are several benefits available that you may be eligible for. Both the Choices program and the Veterans Administration provide benefits that reference ADLs.
ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) are defined as:
* Bathing and showering
(washing the body)
(not including chewing or swallowing)
* Functional mobility
(moving from one place to another while performing activities)
* Personal hygiene and grooming
(including brushing/combing/styling hair)
* Toilet hygiene
(completing the act of urinating/defecating)
If an individual needs assistance performing any of these activities, then they may qualify for CHOICES or VA benefits.
The care you receive in CHOICES depends on your needs.
To be in CHOICES, you must:
* Need the level of care provided in an assisted living facility or a nursing home.
* AND qualify for Medicaid long-term care.
AND to get CHOICES Home and community-based services, you must:
* Be 65 years of age or older,
* OR be 21 years of age or older and have a physical disability.
For more information about the CHOICES program, please call the Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD) at 1-866-836-6678.
* Veteran must have served at least 1 day during a qualified war period.
* Veteran must have served at least 90 days of active duty.
* Veteran must have received a better than dishonorable discharge.
* Claimant is either over 65 years of age OR totally disabled.
* Claimant is a surviving spouse of a qualified veteran and did not remarry.
* Claimant or spouse needs assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
* Claimant’s monthly medical expenses equals or exceeds their monthly income.
What are the maximum amount in benefits I can receive via the VA program?
|Type of Pension||Single Qualified Veteran||Qualified Veteran and Spouse||Surviving Spouse of Veteran|
|Aid & Attendance||$1,759/month||$2,085/month||$1,130/month|